This is a very easy but effective herbal medicine for inflamed ears, joint pain, and more. Mullein grows all around us, so start your infusion today.
This is mullein growing in my garden. It has large fuzzy leaves and has a tall flower stalk in its second year. Small yellow flowers grow along the stalk. You will be collecting this flowers to make the ear drops.
Please make sure you are collecting Mullein and not another plant.
If wildcrafting make sure the plant is 50 feet away from traffic.
Collect enough flowers to fill a glass jar to 3/4 full. Pour olive oil over the flowers until they are completely covered. Lid tightly and label your jar.
Store out of direct sunlight for 4-6 weeks. Give the jar a gentle shake every day or so.
After 4-6 weeks, strain your infusion through a cloth or coffee filter. Warming your infusion will make it drain faster.
Store in a glass jar out of direct sunlight for up to a year. Don’t forget to label your jar.
Uses for your Mullein Flower Oil
- Ear aches: To reduce pain and swelling, add 2-3 drops in ear, 3-4 times daily. Cover with cotton ball. Use until ear is better.
- Mouth ulcers: Dry area and rub oil on the ulcer until better.
- Skin issues: For insect bites, sunburn, rashes, bruises, cuts, scrapes, and small wounds. Simply dip a cotton swap in oil and gently apply to area.
- Massage oil: For joint pain, apply to area as needed.
- Postpartum: Apply to vaginal area to decrease swelling, reduce pain, and chance of infection as needed. Apply to C-section incision for faster healing as needed.
- Hemorrhoids: Apply to area for relief from swelling and pain.
Please see your doctor for serious conditions.
You must be logged in to post a comment.